- HND Mechanical Engineering Technology (Plant/Power)
- HND Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Electronics/Communication Option)
- HND Statistics
- HND Biology/Microbiology
- HND Chemistry
- HND Textile Technology
- HND Ceramics Technology
- HND Painting
- HND Hospitality Management
- HND Graphics
- HND Printing Technology
- HND Physics Electronics
Above is the list of the HND, Higher Diploma Courses offered by Kano State Polytechnic. Kano state Polytechnic is amongst several higher institution of learning in the commercial state housing millions of Northern Nigeria.
The institution is owned by the state Government. And was established in the year 1975. The school is located in Gadon Kaya, Gwale, BUK Road.
The polytechnic has 5 units. The first is the School of Technology located at Matan Fada Road, the second is chool of management studies located in Yahaya Gusau Road, School of Environmental Studies located in Gwarzo, School of Rural Technology and Entrepreneurship located in Rano and School of General Studies, located in Sheikh Jaafar Mahmoud Adam Road. While the admin section of the school is located in BUK Road.
The various sections of the Kano State Polytechnic are give below alongside their courses of studies.
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES:
- Department of Quantity Surveying
- Department of Land Survey and Geo Informatics
- Department of Architectural Technology
- Department of Building Technology
- Department of Estate Management
SCHOOL OF GENERAL STUDIES:
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Pre-ND Science and Technology
- Department of Arts and Humanities
- Department of Basic Studies
SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY:
- Department of Science Laboratory Technology
- Department of Statistics and Mathematics
- Department of Textile Technology and Fashion Design
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Computer Engineering Technology
- Department of Pharmaceutical Technology
- Department of Welding and Fabrication Technology
- Department of Art and Industrial Design
- Department of Civil Engineering Technology
- Department of Education Technical
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Hospitality Management
- Department of Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Department of Printing Technology
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES:
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Office Technology And Management
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Purchasing & Supply
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Banking And Finance
- Department of Business Administration and Management
- Department of Cooperative and Economics Management
SCHOOL FOR RURAL TECHNOLOGY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP:
- Department of Community Dev. and Adult Edu.
- Department of Local Government Studies
- Department of Social Development
- Department of Entrepreneurship Development
Entry Requirements of Various Courses in Kano State Polytechnic
The basic entry requirements for different courses in Kano State Polytechnic are given below:
HND Architectural Technology Entry requirements:
The following requirements under-listed below are the basic requirements needed to apply for a Higher National Diploma course (HND) in Kano State Polytechnic.
For National Diploma (ND) in the same field with a minimum of lower credit at least. And also 1 year post ND cognate experience.
Or a pass with 2 years experience and 5 O level credits in English and Mathematics and any other relevant subjects.
National Diploma in Architectural Technology(ND):
- A minimum of Lower Credit with 1 year post ND experience.
- or pass with 2 years experience and 5 O level credits in English and Mathematics and any other relevant subjects.
Entry requirements for the under-listed HND Courses:
- HND Social Development
- HND Community Development and Adult Education
- HND Local Government
To gain admission into any of the above mentioned courses. One must have completed the National Diploma (ND) course in the same field with minimum of lower credit and 1 year post ND experience.
Or a pass and 2 years experience with 5 O level credits in English and Mathematics and any other relevant subjects.
Entry requirements for the underlisted Courses:
- HND Purchasing and Supply
- HND Marketing
- HND Cooperative and Economics Management Studies
- HND Office Technology Management
- HND Accountancy
- HND Business Administration and Management
- HND Banking And Finance
- HND Public Administration
To gain admission into any of the above listed courses for the HND (Higher National Diploma) Program, one must have obtained the National Diploma(ND) in the same course field. With minimum lower credit and 1 year post ND experience.
Or a pass and 2 years experience and 5 O level credits in English and Mathematics and any other relevant subjects.