The list of NNPC Managing Directors from 1980 in the past and present is given below. NNPC is, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, is the corporation which the Federal Government of Nigeria uses to regulates and coordinates the Nigerian petroleum industry. NNPC was founded in 1977, 1 of April.
NNPC Past and Present Group Managers:
- Chief R. A Marinho -July. 1977 – April 1980
- Chief Odiligi Lolomari – April. 1980 – 1998
- Mr. Lawrence Amu -Oct. 1998 – Nov. 1985
- Mr. Aret Adams – Nov. 1985 – April 990
- Dr. Thomas John – April. 1990 – June 1990
- Mr. Edimund Daukoru -June 1992 – Oct. 1993
- Chief Chamberlin Oyibo -Nov. 1993 – Aug. 1995
- Alh. Dalhatu Bayero -Aug.1995 – May. 1999
- Dr. Jackson G. Obasuyi -May 1999 – Nov. 2003
- Prof. Funsho Kupolokun -Nov. 2003-Aug.2007
- Abubaka Y. Yar’ Adua -Aug. 2007 – 2008
- Alh. M. S. Barkindo -2008 – June 202
- Mr. Andrew Yakubu -June 2002 – 2005
- Ibe Kachikwu – Oct. 2005 – July 2006
- Dr. Maikanti Baru -July. 2006 – 2019
- Mr. Mele Kolo Kyari -July 2019 – Present
NNPC Managing Directors (Past & Present)
Above is the listing of all NNPC Group Managing Directors from past to present. From the listing, the first NNPC GMD, was Chief RA Marinho who served from July 1977 to April 1980.
While Mr. Mele Kolo Kyari as of the time of writing this post is the new NNPC Group Managing Director. Who took over Dr. Maikanti Baru in July, 2019.
NNPC by the Nigerian law manages the joint venture between the Nigerian Government and different multi-national foreign oil corporations like ExxonMobil, Total S.A, Chevron,Texaco, Royal Dutch Shell and Agip,
NNPC Towers in Abuja is the headquarters of NNPC. Which comprises 4 identical towers. The building is located on Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Business District Abuja.
NNPC also has zonal offices in Port Harcourt/Warri (Oil producing States Rivers and Delta State Respectively), Lagos and Kaduna. And also It has an international office located in United Kingdom, London.